BB101.21 – roof-mounted (ceiling-hung), motorized basketball hoop made as per FIBA requirements.
Dual-tube ceiling suspended backboard support units, designed for sports halls with a height of (FFL-ceiling) between 6 and 9 m (for higher structures a special, custom-made auxiliary is needed). Thanks to its design, the ceiling suspended system can be folded frontwards or backward (it is just required to flip the backboard). Due to its unique construction and implementation of non-standard solutions (like for instance wider than commonly used span of the auxiliary structure or additional bearings), the construction provides very high stiffness and reliability. Complies with FIBA requirements.
- FIBA H-type ceiling suspended backboard support units are designed to attach the tempered glass or acrylic basketball backboards with a size of 180×105 cm
- The frame can be folded both backward and frontwards, depending on the building’s conditions and investor’s requirements
- The structure is pulled up with the use of two independent steel wire ropes wound on a specially designed drum, which makes it very safe for the users
- The backboard is attached to the main (front) frame with the use of specially designed grips and U-bolts. This solution allows adjusting the height of a backboard by (+/-) 5 cm
- Default steering: key switch with deadman’s switch function in accordance with DIN 7892:2017
- Default color: RAL 9003 white; other colors upon request – look below for available options
The ceiling suspended basketball backboard’s support structure consist of:
- Front (main) support frame, made of steel profiles 80x40x3, 60x40x2, 60x30x2 and 50x30x2 and 30x30x3 mm, welded together, powder-coated, connected to the auxiliary structure with a pair of bearings
- Foldable frames (scissors), made of steel profiles 40x40x3 mm; welded and powder-coated
- An auxiliary construction made of two 120x80x3 mm beams installed in an axial distance of 175 cm (length depending on the total distance between the floor and the roof) with a set of individually designed brackets (adopted to the type and shape of the ceiling), suitable for concrete, metal or wooden joists, powder-coated
- A single-phase motor in a galvanized console (120 or 250 Nm, depending on size and the used backboard type). In order to provide quiet and maintenance-free operation, the motor is installed in a console with a special bearing, and additionally, the shaft on which the steel wire ropes being wounded have lathe machined grooves
- A grip for attaching the safety device (load arrestor) made of steel, powder-coated
- Set of assembly elements (U-bolts, screws, steel plates, washers, nuts, connecting plates, steel wire ropes, key switch, etc.). Steel parts are protected against corrosion by zinc galvanization
Accessories like height adjusting mechanisms, backboards, rings, safety-devices (load arrestor), and nets are sold separately.
Both laying of the power supply/steering wires and physical installation of the construction in a building are calculated individually.
The type, size, and location of the basketball system and its auxiliary structure are depending on the building’s conditions and they must be considered individually each time. In order to design and manufacture proper auxiliary structure and basketball constructions, the General Contractor / Purchaser is obliged to provide all necessary cross-sections of the hall including detailed drawings of the roof structure and a floor plan with game lines (preferably in DWG file format)
|Power and steering supply lines for the motor:||230 V, 50 Hz|
|From mains to control panel:||3 x 1.5 mm2|
|From control panel to motor:||5 x 1.5 mm2|
Tubular drive data:
|Parameter||120 Nm||250 Nm|
|Torque (Nm)||120 Nm||250 Nm|
|Supply voltage:||230 V, 50 Hz||230 V, 50 Hz|
|Connected load (W):||435||710|